- Covered Caravan and Tent Sites available
- Large central shared living spaces with great views
- Communal Kitchen and Dining room, log fire in winter
- Ultra clean, heated modern glassed hot high pressure shower areas
- Mobile BBQ's and Umbrellas
- Baby bath, Hair dryers
- Dump Point
- A small pantry shop in reception
- Guest Laundry
- Free Bikes for use by guests
| ||Well behaved dogs allowed by arrangement with site bookings. |
Not permitted inside park accommodation or buildings
| ||Disabled Facilities are available,|
please contact park directly for exact facilities available
Jacksons Retreat Campervan and Holiday Park is a rural alpine rural park in an alpine rainforest setting, a peaceful getaway at Jacksons, 33km north-west north-west of Arthur's Pass and just 1km west of Jackson's Tavern. Close to Greymouth.
|Self contained Unit||$125.00
|Covered Power Sites||$39.00
|Rates are subject to change without notice, please check when booking.|
The only holiday park on Otira Highway- State Highway 73, Jacksons Retreat Campervan and Holiday Park is a purpose-built complex providing powered and unpowered camping sites plus unique all-weather covered sites for your campervan, motor home, RV or tent.
Large purpose-built barns overlooking the mighty Taramakau River and TranzAlpine Railway provide a covered retreat for the West Coast rains or alpine snows.
Campervans and tents can park or pitch in private bays, each with its own large window so you don't miss out on the stunning alpine landscape. The complex is designed to cater for everyone, whether in a campervan or tent.
Each covered bay contains a mat, water and power. There is plenty of room for you to move about and you can even enjoy our mobile BBQs.
We have a two-storey Self-contained unit available, with three separate bedrooms upstairs. Sleeps from 1 to 9 people, and has a cosy log fire. Includes coffee, tea, milk and sugar, and full linen is also supplied.
The large central shared living spaces incorporate a stunning dining area and fully self-catered kitchens with cooking facilities. Modern comfortable lounge chairs and sofas are ideally positioned to take advantage of the views and the warmth and ambience of the log fire in winter.
Our modern bathroom facilities with ultra clean, modern showers are a delight, and the shower and toilet areas are heated in the winter for your comfort.
Jackson activities and things to see and do nearby include:
- Ngarimu Track - Take a beautiful bush walk up to the historic quartz mine
- Glow Worms - There are several places around our park to view glow worms
- Fish for whitebait and salmon in the Taramakau River or take a relaxing afternoon fishing for trout on Lakes Poerua or Brunner.
- Biking - a wonderful are for all riders with great roads and wonderful scenery. We also have bikes for hire.
- Tramping - From short walks to hikes for experienced trampers, there are a range of trails for different abilities
- Try snow-skiing in the Temple Basin, just 25 minutes (30km) from Jacksons Retreat
- Have a go at water-skiing on Lake Brunner, just 15 minutes (17km) from the holiday park
- Go boating close by on the local Taramakau River or try more peaceful Lake Poerua or Lake Brunner.
Contact us to find out more about outdoor adventure and activities available when you stay at Jacksons Retreat Campervan Holiday Park!
Please mention you found us on the GoSeeNewZealand.co.nz website when you contact us!