- Spacious kitchen and extra kitchen for groups
- Dining rooms, TV lounge, New BBQ area
- Wifi and Internet Kiosk
- Guest laundry
- Dump Station
- Childrens adventure playground
- Fun bikes
- 3 toilet/shower blocks, Super family bathroom
- Secure vehicle & Luggage storage if you walking some of the longer tracks
- Tour booking service
| ||Pets allowed with site bookings only and by arrangement with management|
| ||Disabled Facilities are available,|
please contact park directly for exact facilities available
Located close to all that attracts you to Glacier Country on the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island. Fox Glacier Holiday Park & Motel is the perfect base for exploring Westland National Park.
|2br Motel Units||$179-$212 for 4 persons
|1br Motel Unit||$135-$165
|2br Self Contained Units||$105-$165
|Self Contained Studio||$78-$97
|Leisure Lodge 2br||$132-$159 for 4 persons
|Leisure Lodge 1 br||$88-$115
|Leisure Lodge Studio||$78-$99
|Lodge rooms 4, 5 or 6 berth||$49-$60
|Rates are subject to change without notice, please check when booking.|
|Minimum booking periods and prices may apply|
Mt. Cook, the highest mountain in New Zealand, can be seen from many points around the park, the mighty Fox Glacier is just 10 minutes drive, or 25 minutes to Franz Josef glacier.
The world famous mirror images of Lake Matheson is just a few minutes down the road and Gillespies Beach offers the best mountain and beach views in the entire South Island.
We have invested great energy into creating a place where you can truly feel at home while on holiday. Fox Glacier Holiday Park & Motel offers a wide range of accommodation to suit all travellers’ needs, and we have excellent access facilities for guests with disabilities.
We have modern Motels, Self-contained Units, Lodges, Standard cabins, Powered and non-powered vehicle sites and tent sites.
This accommodation range is matched with excellent communal facilities, and our peaceful rural setting, with the towering Southern Alps visible from all around the park.
You will also be impressed by our staff, who combine small town friendliness with top professionalism. They know all the best local attractions and eateries, and are happy to help you build an itinerary during your stay. Wi-Fi internet is available around the park and we also have internet portals in our TV Lounges.
At Fox Glacier Holiday Park & Motels we make it easy for you to connect with the natural wonders in the wider Fox Glacier area. Our OUTFOXING display panels and guidebooks give you all the information you need on the many excellent walks, adventures and attractions, and our knowledgeable staff are happy to assist with bookings – all you need to do is get here, and we’ll take care of the rest!
Fox Glacier attractions and things to see and do include:
- GUIDED GLACIER WALKS. Fox Glacier is the best place in NZ to do a glacier walk, and Fox Glacier Guiding, has been providing excellent guided glacier walks, ice climbing & heli-hiking since the 1970’s. They have trips to suit all budgets and fitness levels, and keep tours to a small size
- SCENIC HELICOPTER FLIGHTS & SNOW LANDINGS. This is a 'must do' NZ experience! You take off in the Fox valley, near sea level, and in minutes you've climbed to the top of the Southern Alps. The views are breathtaking. Several trip options, including snow landings are available.
- TANDEM SKY DIVING. Skydive NZ offers Tandem Skydiving at its absolute best. Imagine 12,000ft of adrenaline pumping action above NZ's most awesome coastal, rainforest and alpine scenery! Trip includes a scenic flight from Fox Glacier, across the rainforests and high into the Southern Alps
- LAKE MATHESON. World famous for its beautiful mirror reflections of Mt. Cook/Aorangi, Mt. Tasman and the Southern Alps, this is another “must do” New Zealand experience. An easy walking track leads around the lake, through a range of rainforest and wetland ecosystems.
- FOX GLACIER VALLEY WALK. This popular 1 hour return walk takes you up the Fox Glacier valley, to the terminal face of Fox Glacier, where there are excellent views of the glacier, mountains and rainforests. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- GILLESPIES BEACH. The West Coast is famous for its wilderness beaches, and Gillespies is the best of these. Because it is the closest beach to NZ’s highest mountains (Mt. Cook/Aorangi and Mt. Tasman) there are spectacular views of the Southern Alps from the beach.
- FOX RIVER WALK. An excellent 30-60 minute walk through that includes an exciting swing bridge across the Fox River, followed by a lovely rainforest walk that ends with superb views of Fox Glacier
- MORAINE WALK. A 30 minute rainforest walk that passes through several distinct ages of rainforest as the track leads you to where the terminal face of the Fox Glacier was in the years 1750 and 1600.
- MINNEHAHA WALK. An easy 15-20 minute walk through virgin lowland rainforests, and a great variety of different types of forest trees, tree ferns and mosses alongside a small stream.
- FOX GLACIER VILLAGE: Fox Glacier Village has several good restaurants, bars, cafes and shops, all within a few minutes walk of the Fox Glacier Holiday Park. There is also a small supermarket and service station. You’ll enjoy the relaxed pace of our small, rural village, and its charming setting in the foothills of the Southern Alps.
Fox Glacier Holiday Park & Motels is a ticketing agency and drop off point for Intercity, Atomic and other buses. So getting here and to your next destination is easy (we can help you with all your ticketing details).
We look forward to welcoming you soon! Visit our website for more information.
Please mention you found us on the GoSeeNewZealand.co.nz website when you contact us!